This heavy-duty commercial external halyard tapered aluminum flagpole is our top-of-the-line offering and can stand up strong in the face of tough weather conditions.
20’ EXTERNAL HALYARD FLAGPOLE FEATURES & CONTENTS
Our 20’ EC20 External Halyard Flagpole is our ultimate-quality flagpole, designed for the toughest of weather. It’s made out of sturdy reinforced aluminum for durability and all-weather use. It’s designed with the best of both worlds in mind: not only can it take a beating, but it’s easy for you to use, making it the ultimate yard flag pole.
This 20’ pole fits best with our best-selling 3’ x 5’ flags or our larger, eye-catching 4’ x 6’ flags. With the right custom flags with your logo on them, you can bring customers to your business.
It’s simple to attach flags to halyard rope with the included flag snaps with vinyl covers. The flag and halyard assembly is kept snugly in place with a cast aluminum truck at the top of the flagpole. The truck will rotate to help your flag react appropriately to the wind and keep it from getting twisted or torn. Above that rotating truck is a gold-colored anodized aluminum ball ornament for a little bit of decoration.
This flagpole comes standard with a weather-resistant satin finish, but a clear anodized finish is recommended for locations near saltwater for extra environmental resilience. Note that anodization is a secondary process that will lengthen your flagpole’s manufacturing process.
For ultimate sturdiness, a galvanized steel sleeve will keep your heavy-duty flagpole firmly and securely attached to the ground when the whole assembly is mounted correctly. The included spun aluminum flash collar keeps water out of the mounting assembly and extends the lifespan of your EC20 flagpole.
Rated for winds up to 120 mph*, this flagpole set includes:
- Gold anodized aluminum ball ornament
- Cast aluminum stationary truck
- Solid braided polypropylene halyard
- Swivel flag snaps with vinyl snap covers
- Cast aluminum cleat with mounting screws
- Spun aluminum flash collar
- Sturdy galvanized steel foundation sleeve
*With flags on. With flags off, it’ll stand up to impressive 315 mph winds.
- This tapered flagpole is capped with a decorative ball, which screws into the cast aluminum truck
- The truck holds the pulley system for the halyard rope in place
- The halyard is the rope upon which the flag attaches by using the flag snaps
- Tie the halyard rope around the aluminum cleat on the flagpole’s body to firmly and safely attach your flag and raise or lower it
- The galvanized steel foundation sleeve goes into the ground and firmly holds your flagpole in place
- The hole into which the flagpole is mounted is covered to keep water out by the spun aluminum flash collar
HOW TO INSTALL A FLAGPOLE & NECESSARY MATERIALS
Safely and adequately mounting an exterior flagpole is not simple! Please view our flagpole mounting instructions for a detailed step-by-step guide and a complete list of necessary materials and tools.
Not included in this flagpole set are some tools and supplies, including concrete, sand, stone, caulking, and lock tight, all of which are necessary for sturdy ground mounting. A list of what you’ll need is listed in the flagpole installation instructions guide.
A foundation hole three to four times wider than the butt diameter of the flagpole (which is 5”) is mandatory. The depth of the hole must be 10% of the pole’s height (2 feet). Ensure your space is large enough to accommodate this flagpole.
We do NOT recommend installing a flagpole near overhead power lines or buried cables. Ensure your mounting area is safe.
Should you need to customize this pole with a different truck, ornament, halyard, or cleat cover, call us at 800-858-8776.
FREIGHT COSTS APPLY; CALL TO REQUEST A QUOTE. OTHERWISE, ONE WILL BE PROVIDED AFTER YOUR ORDER IS PLACED.